To help you enjoy your candles responsibly, please read the safety information below:
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Keep out of reach of children and burn well out of reach of pets.
- Leave at least 10cm between candles when burning.
- Do not burn any candle completely. Extinguish a candle before it burns into the holder, or in the case of a candle in a container, before it is finished, to minimise the risk of the candle overheating.
- Burn all candles in, or on, suitable non-flammable holders placing on a heat resistant surface; do not burn candles on top of a television or other warm places.
- Ensure there is sufficient headroom for the heat from the flame to escape and keep out of draughts, other sources of heat and direct sunlight.
- Ensure candles are burnt well away from flammable items and materials, such as curtains, soft furnishings, clothes and other decorations.
- Remove any decoration before burning pillar candles.
- Never touch or move a candle when it is burning. Use a candle snuffer to extinguish the flame, never use water to extinguish a candle. If a candle cannot be easily extinguished, cover with a damp cloth.
- If a candle tends to smoke extinguish the flame and allow to cool, trim the wick to approximately 1cm, or as per the manufacturers instructions.
- Soy container candles are designed to liquefy when burning to increase their fragrance potential.
- The containers will become hot, protect the surface on which the container is placed with a non-flammable holder.
- Keep candles free from all foreign matter, matches, etc., as these can cause a candle to flare up.